[Flac-dev] FLAC/assert.h overwrites /usr/include/assert.h?

Brady Patterson brady at spaceship.com
Wed Jul 10 15:22:02 PDT 2002

I always use --prefix, and it gets put in the right place
(<prefix>/include/FLAC/assert.h), which I'm sure sheds no new light on this.

I'd still like to know why FLAC__ASSERT() is necessary.  K&R is very clear that
the preprocessor is to remove calls to assert() if NDEBUG is defined.  (Some
compilers, including gcc, implicitly define NDEBUG when optimizing, but of
course it can also be explicitly defined, which is in fact done by default by
configure.in .)  So, does MSVC's assert.h just not have the appropriate
#ifdef NDEBUG ?  Or am I missing something?

--
Brady Patterson (brady at spaceship.com)
How come I can't hurt this damn turtle?