[Flac-dev] XMMS 1.2.6 package in debian breaks xmms-flac

Asheesh Laroia paulproteus at technologist.com
Sat Jan 19 17:46:17 PST 2002

This is mostly to Matt Zimmerman.  The xmms package in unstable was
updated to 1.2.6-1; that's fine.

Then I noticed my XMMS would no longer play FLAC files.  I run testing,
not unstable, I thought.  What could have happened?

That change was propagated into testing without an xmms-flac update!  Huh?
This makes me wonder: xmms-flac 1.0.2-1 should depend on xmms = 1.2.5.  I
think because this dependency wasn't listed, I'm in the mess I'm in now.

Matt, am I making any sense?  In any event, the xmms-flac package does
need to be recompiled for xmms 1.2.6.  But how *are* the dependencies set?

Thanks, all!

-- Asheesh.