[Flac-dev] FLAC as part of the Ogg project?

smoerk smoerk at gmx.de
Sun Feb 3 05:18:04 PST 2002

I agree. I think Ogg/Flac does not make sense, if it's not in the
official distribution. the benefits:

- many ogg players could play flac
- flac could be integrated in oggenc (oggdrop)
- flac streaming would be easy
- you could easily use vorbis tagging

we need a standard open source lossless format. it's silly to store
digital audio uncompressed.