[Flac-dev] new CUESHEET metadata block

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 4 10:44:03 PST 2002

--- E S <es0123 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >I can see the other side of the arguement too tho, there may be many
> >players around now, and in the future that will add flac support,
> but
> >not flac-album support :(
>
> yes this would be my concern as well. also, individual track support
> is just
> more flexible for moving music around between devices.

The one-FLAC-per-disc way is just an option; if it's not
convenient for the way you organize your collection there's
no need to use it.

There will always be simple hacks that can be done to make
a disc FLAC look like a lot of little track FLACs, like the
APL files in Monkey's Audio.

> it's funny, i've been on-and-off trying to get the whole
> eac+flac+id3+cuesheet working in some satisfactory state for almost a
> year
> now :P
> personally, i'd like to be able to rip cds into individual flac
> files, one
> per track, but somehow create a proper cuesheet that let me
> reconstruct the
> cd perfectly from just the cuesheet and flac files alone, preserving
> all the
> pre-gap, cd-text information and whatnot.

It's possible, just rip with the one-WAV-plus-cuesheet method,
then get split_wav (hmm, site seems to be down now but the
URL is http://www.lameb.fsnet.co.uk/) or something similar
to split them up.  Save the cuesheet and when you want to
burn later just decode and merge all the wavs together.