[Flac-dev] Suggestion

Glenn glenn at meaning.com
Thu Aug 22 09:10:07 PDT 2002

I think it would be a good idea if FLAC included the encoder
version and encoding options in the FLAC metadata header.

That way, if the FLAC format, or subset changes, it would be
easy to go through a very large collection of FLACs very quickly
and see if any didn't conform to the new spec.

I know this can be done now using metaflac, but I don't think
many people would be willing to go through the additional step.

I can't think of any reason why this would be a bad idea.

cheers,
glenn