[Flac-dev] Error initializing flac stream decoder.

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 18 14:37:02 PDT 2002

--- Reza Naima <reza at reza.net> wrote:
> Thanks for that email.  The one lihe change I made is this :
>
> from  #define FLAC__MAX_RICE_PARTITION_ORDER (15u)
> to #define FLAC__MAX_RICE_PARTITION_ORDER (6u)
>
> and that seemed to make decoder_new() happy, but it's promptly
> crashing

Don't change the global define... just replace the value
FLAC__MAX_RICE_PARTITION_ORDER with 6 in the two places
it is used in the FLAC__EntropyCodingMethod_PartitionedRice
struct.

And remember this new decoder will only decode files up
to that partition order (i.e. flac -r 6 or less).  Make
sure not to release it as it is not FLAC compliant anymore.