[Flac-dev] command-line: AIFF writer advice

Brady Patterson brady at spaceship.com
Tue Aug 6 17:14:14 PDT 2002

This is in response to David's suggestion about FLAC support in libaudiofile.

The dependency is only circular from a certain viewpoint, since the flac
command-line utility is distinct from the library.

However, if flac support is built into libaudiofile, the flac command-line
utility becomes fairly pointless, I think.  A better thing then would be an
audiofile command-line utility (which may already exist).

Of course, that would be fairly similar to sox, but that's irrelevant here
unless/until sox supports flac.

On a separate note, looking at the audiofile homepage, it is unclear to me how
well it will work on MS platforms (not that they matter to me personally).

--
Brady Patterson (brady at spaceship.com)
How come I can't hurt this damn turtle?