[Flac-dev] Re: #130041: xmms-flac: breaks periodically

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Tue Apr 30 14:07:14 PDT 2002

Well, this proves it.

I've been running XMMS for hours after deleting the playlist entries
without times associated with them.

I guess I'm not going to re-flac my files (<sigh type="relief" />).

This is still a bug in the Flac decoder plugin.  Under Windows, the error
is something about stream decoder and "%d".  This should be a pretty
simple thing to fix - just run a basic check of the file to see if it
looks anything like a flac file, and then hand it off to the decoder.

It's interesting that the playlist's time calculation didn't crash the
plugin.  It just skipped over the invalid (empty, 0-size, plus ID3 tags)
files in the calculation, leaving the field blank.  Playing them crashes
the flac plugin.

-- Asheesh.

--
Observe yon plumed biped fine.