[Flac-dev] Re: #130041: xmms-flac: breaks periodically

Christer Palm palm at nogui.se
Sat Apr 27 15:38:03 PDT 2002

Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> Anyone here have any ideas?  Is there a trace I can add to the flac
> plugin, or some diagnostic method?  Is there some debugging routine I can
> use to see what's going on?

I concluded some months ago that this is exactly what happens if you try
to play a zero-length file with a .flac extension. After that, all .flac
files are skipped. This may not be exactly what is causing the problems
here, but unless this has been fixed recently, it's a very simple way to
reproduce the problem.

--
Christer Palm