[Flac-dev] Josh Coalson, you rock!

Mark Powell M.S.Powell at salford.ac.uk
Sat Sep 29 04:57:02 PDT 2001

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Miles Egan wrote:

> Me too!  Flac is one of the most stable, polished, and useful open-source
> tools I've used.  Many thanks!

I'll second all those comments. At last a *quality* free loss-less
compressor. Mucho for all the work Josh.
  I think the main component that is required to get the world to really
notice this great piece of work is, unfortunately, a Windows front end.
I've tried to educate freinds on the benefits of flac, but with the ease
of use of Monkey Audio they just won't change.
  Cheers.

Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Academic Information Services, Clifford Whitworth Building,
Salford University, Manchester, M5 4WT, UK.
Tel: +44 161 295 5936  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key