[Flac-dev] FLAC__stream_decoder_flush

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 21:24:02 PST 2001

OK, back to this one...

--- Josh Coalson <xflac at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Ingo Ralf Blum <ingoralfblum at gmx.de> wrote:
> > The FLAC__stream_decoder_flush doesn't change the state, but when I
> > play a
> > stream and reach the end I have to do a FLAC__stream_decoder_reset
> > and reread
> > the metadata instead of simply a FLAC__stream_decoder_flush. This
> is
> > because the
> > stream state, which indicates the end of the stream, is not
> changed.
> > Is there a
> > reason, for the state not being reset to
> > FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_SEARCH_FOR_FRAME_SYNC when flush is called
> and
> > the state
> > is FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_END_OF_STREAM?
>
> sorry I'm slow in replying here... I can't think of a reason
> of the top of my head but I will look into this.

even though FLAC__stream_decoder_flush was not really
meant for rewinding, you are right that it should change
the state to FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_SEARCH_FOR_FRAME_SYNC,
I think in all cases.  in which case FLAC__stream_decoder_flush
also becomes useful rewinding.

I've checked in the fix.

Josh

P.S. how is the ACM/direct show filter coming?