[Flac-dev] more changes

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 16:37:01 PST 2001

I've been making more little fixes and changes today:

- on the suggestion of a libFLAC user, I drastically reduced
the stack requirements of the stream encoder.
- removed the -fw option since it is not really needed anymore
- removed the -9 option because I'm tired of seeing comments
(not here of course) like 'flac is so slow!  I used -9 and it
took # hours to do one file!'  actually -9 was just renamed to
some undocumented, 'secret' word.
- split the usage screen into a short and a long version.  the
short version is the default, and you can use 'flac -H' to get
the long version.

I'm still working through suggestions made here on the list
so I'll reply to those individually as I finish them.