[Flac-dev] Segfaults on K7

Asheesh Laroia PaulProteus at technologist.com
Tue Oct 16 16:58:18 PDT 2001

I'm running your debian packages on a K7 currently.  They seem to be
working fine, including the xmms-flac package.  I seem to be experiencing
the same flac decoding problems (state=6:FLAC__FILE_DECODER_STREAM_ERROR)
as Pritpaul Mahal, however.  I'll see if I can reproduce these.  It could
just be a problem with my old FLAC files (from 0.9 and before).

This K7 doesn't segfault on flac as provided by the .debs.  (See
/proc/cpuinfo at end of message.)  If there are any particular
circumstances you want me to test, feel free to ask.

-- Asheesh.

/proc/cpuinfo reads:

processor	: 0
vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
cpu family	: 6
model		: 4
model name	: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
stepping	: 2
cpu MHz		: 1002.281
cache size	: 256 KB
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 1
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips	: 1998.84