[Flac-dev] tagging flac files

Asheesh Laroia PaulProteus at technologist.com
Fri Nov 9 15:43:01 PST 2001

I have been using an old version of Grip to rip and tag my files.  I use
an old version because the newer versions have built-in ID3V1 tagging and
cannot do ID3V2; the older versions used an external program to do it.

If you want, I can email you a copy of my grip config file.  If you're
using debian, just "apt-get install grip/stable"; otherwise, I can send
you a copy of the program's source and/or a binary.

As for lyrics and cover art, I can't help you there.

Verification is done automatically if you use the "-V" commandline option
to FLAC.  This decodes the file as it is encoded, and checks that the
decoded stream identical to the the input stream.

-- Asheesh.

--
I surely do hope that's a syntax error.
             -- Larry Wall in <199710011752.KAA21624 at wall.org>