[Flac-dev] beta 10 candidate checked in

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 12:12:14 PDT 2001

I have checked in all the latest into CVS and am going to start the
test suite again.  if all goes well I will probably release this as
beta 10.

this one should have all the configure stuff working with the new
assembly infrastructure.  I have tried to make it as easy as possible
to port routines to assembly.  all that's really needed now is to
write the corresponding routine for a specific instruction set, then
use the cpu info structure in the encoder/decoder setup to set the
right function pointer.  configure should set all the right #defines
to get the relevant asm files compiled and linked.  see
FLAC__encoder_init() for an example.

anyway, try it out and let me know if anything bad happens!  it
should be a short jump from beta 10 to 1.0.

thanks,