[Flac-dev] Normalize?

Jesse W. Hathaway jwhathaw at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 28 15:46:02 PST 2001

	I was looking around in the documentation of other lossless decoders
and noticed that Monkey's Audio supports a normalize feature, the
ability to play back different music types and keep them in the same
volume range.  This seems like a nice option to have when playing an
archived cd collection.  My question is whether this could just be done
at the plugin level or if it would be better to include it in the
format. Maybe before 1.0 :).

Thanks for all the great work, it is truly appreciated, I have 200 cd's
just waiting to be archived.

-lollipop