[Flac-dev] ogg-flac?

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 11:34:04 PST 2001

--- "smoerk at gmx.de" <smoerk at gmx.de> wrote:
> hi,
>
> would it be possible to use ogg as container for flac? so you could
> use
> all the features of the ogg format.

A long time back I looked into that but couldn't find a detailed
enough spec.  I plan on taking a look again when I get a chance.

Monty has plans to revive Squish but he's a busy guy and may not
get around to it for a while.  Also, almost all codecs I tested
beat Squish '98 so the bar is a little higher nowadays.

If FLAC fits into Ogg and the Ogg group is willing, I'm all for it.