[Flac-dev] error during compile

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 12:44:03 PST 2001

--- Jan Suhr <jan.suhr at usa.net> wrote:
> hello!
> Today I tried to compile the new FLAC 0.8 sourcecode on my SuSE Linux
>
> 7.1 machine and failed.
> Below is the output of "make" and "configure". I hope the information
>
> is enough that somebody can help me to compile the source.

Sorry, there was a missing line in configure.in which caused
configure to not make the Makefile for metaflac.  So what happened
is that it compiled libFLAC and flac OK, then died at metaflac,
before getting to the XMMS plugin.

I checked the fix into CVS, which you can grab here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/flac/configure.in?rev=1.6&content-type=text/plain&cvsroot=flac

Replace configure.in, then rerun
'aclocal;autoconf;automake;configure;make'