[Flac-dev] ERROR: mismatch in decoded data, verify FAILED!

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Sat Jun 23 12:10:18 PDT 2001

On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 06:05:29PM +0000, Jan Suhr wrote:

> I tried several times to encode a wav file with the -V option. Every
> time FLAC died and printed:
>
> 27.34% complete: frame 16256, wrote 149020170 bytes (74912256/273992119
> samples), r=0.497
> ERROR: mismatch in decoded data, verify FAILED!
>        Please submit a bug report to
>            http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=addbug&group_id=13478
>        Make sure to include an email contact in the comment and/or use
> the
>        "Monitor" feature to monitor the bug status.
> ERROR during encoding, state = 15:FLAC__ENCODER_MEMORY_ALLOCATION_ERROR
>
> LoudandClear16.wav: Verify FAILED! (FLAC__VERIFY_FAILED_IN_FRAME)  Do
> not trust LoudandClear16.flac
>
> What should I do? what is the monitor feature?

You should follow the instructions that FLAC gave you, and report a bug using
the URL above.

The monitor feature is a feature of the sourceforge bug tracking system which
allows you to track the status of a bug that you submit.  The instructions URL
that you see above should have more information about the sourceforge bug
tracking system.

Of course, I imagine the same people read this mailing list that monitor the
sourceforge bug list, so you have probably already reached the right people.
However, you will not be able to track the issue as easily as if you had filed
a bug.

--
 - mdz