[Flac-dev] Monkey Audio Open Source?

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 09:54:49 PDT 2001

http://66.96.216.160/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=general&action=display&num=995374789

> Down the bottom the author of Monkey's Audio claims he's going Open
> Source.

that would be great... the list of usable OS audio codecs
is pretty small and more sharing of ideas would be good.
but I don't think it's going to happen.  both lpac and
mac guys have said this before and it never comes to pass.
I think the idea of publishing the secret sauce recipe must
be too painful.