[Flac-dev] 1.0 candidate

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 20 11:10:15 PDT 2001

--- collver at linuxfreemail.com wrote:
> I just checked out the 1.0 candidate and ran autogen.sh
> autoconf errored out so autogen.sh did not work and I had to run
> automake
> manually.  the autoconf error message was:
> configure.in:145:               CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -fomit-frame-pointer
> -funroll-loops -finline-functions -Winline -DFLAC__INLINE=__inline__"

thanks, there are a couple things like that I will fix today.

> anyhow I ran configure and I went into src/libFLAC/ia32 and ran gmake
>
> I get the following error message:
> libtool: compile: cannot determine name of library object from
> `cpu_asm.nasm'
>
> I tried renaming the .nasm files to .s files and changing Makefile.am
> accordingly.  (changed ".nasm.lo:" to ".s.lo:", changed
> filename.nasm dependencies to .s) and it built fine.
>
> I tried changing the ".s.lo:" target to "%.lo: %.s" and it built
> fine.
>
> Then I removed "--tag=CC" and it built fine.

maybe this all being caused by recent changes in libtool.
I'm kind of stuck because I want to release today.  probably
I will revert back to what has worked for most people for the
purposes of creating the source release, and we can make a
more concrete patch in the near future.

thanks for helping figure this out.