[Flac-dev] 1.0 candidate checked in

collver at linuxfreemail.com collver at linuxfreemail.com
Fri Jul 20 08:09:04 PDT 2001

> flac CVS is not distributed with any libtool script at all.  I was using
> libtool 1.4, and automake pulled in the ltmain.sh from there.  There is no
> --tag option in libtool 1.4, at least not the one distributed by GNU.  Where
> did your libtool 1.4 come from?

I was looking at the flac tarball, not CVS.  Sorry for the misinformation.

bash-2.05$ libtool --version
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4a (1.641.2.255 2001/05/22 10:39:30)

this is the libtool installed by NetBSD pkgsrc.

I verified that there is no "--tag" option in GNU libtool 1.4, but there is
in the source tarball of the libtool on my system.  The interesting stuff
is in this patch:  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-1.4-1.4b.diff.gz

> > Maybe it would be a good idea to either (1) undo the patch I sent or
> > (2) generate flac's libtool script using libtool 1.4.
> >
> > Both versions recognize .asm but not .nasm.  I recommend renaming the
> > .nasm files to .asm files.
>
> The standard extension for assembler files seems to be .s or .S.  I don't
> remember what the problem was with using those.

When I use Makefile.am from flac 0.10, the libtool uses the GNU assembler
to attempt to assemble the .s files.

Maybe it would be best if I checked out flac from CVS and reported the
things the break, one at a time.

Ben