[Flac-dev] FLAC 0.5 released

Josh Coalson j_coalson at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 00:59:01 PST 2001

I just released FLAC 0.5 (Solaris binaries will show up tomorrow).
FLAC is now beta; see the homepage as to what that implies:

   http://flac.sourceforge.net

This version adds a MD5 signature of the raw audio signal to the
stream header, which can be compared against when decoding to test
the integrity of a file.  A test mode (-t) has been added to flac
to do just that.

There is a slight slowdown due to the improved Rice coder, which
yields a bit better compression.  For the versions up to the first
official release I will probably be concentrating on performance.