[Flac-dev] FLAC status

FLAC xflac at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 2 12:50:10 PST 2001

--- Mark Powell <M.S.Powell at salford.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>   How's the testing going? I compressed 194
> individual .wav files
> (totaling 8.54GB) which contained tracks ripped from
> many varied albums. I
> unflacced them and compared their md5 signature with
> the same from the
> original .wav. They were all perfect. I didn't use
> the -V option just in
> case of any chance of mis-reporting.

yeah, that's probably the safest way to do it, but
-V could only fail if a bug in the encoder is
perfectly matched in the decoder, which is pretty
unlikely since they don't share any code.

>   BTW That's shorten 3.1 which puts the seek tables
> on the end of the .shn
> files. Are the .flac files seekable?

definitely yes.  the reference decoder has a call for
seeking to an exact sample and both the plugins can
seek.