[Flac-dev] format & seeking

Mike Wren mikew at etree.org
Sat Feb 24 06:01:26 PST 2001

Personally, my answer would be to use the current lossless audio standard,
Shorten.  Information can be found at etree.org/software .  I would wait
until all lingering issues are resolved, and FLAC version 1.0 is released.
Currently, the format is still a little bit in flux, and may cause issues.
I'm sure Josh can comment further on this.

FLAC will become the new standard in lossless audio only when it's ready.
 From the progress I've seen, it still looks to be a few months off.

Mike Wren