[Flac-dev] problem compiling with gcc 3?

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Thu Dec 6 11:31:08 PST 2001

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 10:16:02AM -0800, Josh Coalson wrote:

> Yes, the tests are pretty exhaustive.  Actually if you have
> the test_files/ directory checked out of CVS it will run
> even more tests.
>
> I reran all the tests again (asm optimizations on) on redhat
> 7.1 with gcc 2.96 and they all passed.  They are also all
> passing on Windows with MSVC and OS X with gcc 2.95.2.
>
> Matt, there is a slight chance that your noise tests failed
> because your run produced the exactly perfect data to trigger
> something and mine didn't.  But if you get it every time that
> is less likely.  If you get it every time in nearby test points
> it may be certain arguments, which you can find from streams.log.

The failed test is:

###    cmd=flac -V -s -fr -fb -fs 44100 -fp 8 -fc 4 -0  -b 32768 noise.raw

noise.raw: ERROR: mismatch in decoded data, verify FAILED!
       Please submit a bug report to
           http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=addbug&group_id=13478
       Make sure to include an email contact in the comment and/or use the
       "Monitor" feature to monitor the bug status.
       Absolute sample=325883, frame=9, channel=0, sample=30971, expected -5, got -1
noise.raw: ERROR during encoding, state = 15:FLAC__STREAM_ENCODER_FATAL_ERROR_WHILE_WRITING
Verify FAILED! (FLAC__VERIFY_FAILED_IN_FRAME)  Do not trust noise.flac

This is reproducible every time when running "make check".  However, if I run
the listed command, it completes successfully.

--
 - mdz