[Flac-dev] the road to 1.0...

Ryan Sinnwell sinnwell at mac.com
Sun Apr 22 19:51:23 PDT 2001

First of all, this is my first post so please go easy if I'm a little
off-topic.  Just let me know nicely off-list.  Thanks!

As Mike already knows, I am currently trying to develop a plug-in for
playing Shorten files over Audion on the Macintosh platform.  When I
proposed this to him to get some information on contacting the right
people, he mentioned you guys and I need a little info.  Anything that
you guys have as far as how playback of the FLAC standard could be
played back via WinAmp or similar programs (someone's gotta be working
on this, it's a must-have to help convert us SHN archivists) would be
greatly appreciated.  Also, if there are any other Macintosh users out
there I'd like to hear some ideas about what needs to be included and
how we might get this accomplished.  Also, I have currently adopted the
new MacOS X which is completely Unix-based (Free BSD 4.2 I believe) but
I know very little about Unix programming.  From what I've seen around,
there is very little difference between an app compiled for some flavors
of *nix and the way it needs to be compiled.  If anyone has any ideas
how to compile the FLAC utilities to the MacOS X platform, please
contact me ASAP.

Thanks for listening!

-Ryan
http://db.etree.org/schpider