[daala] Daala Code Party 8/17-8/22 at Mozilla's SF Office

Basil Mohamed Gohar basilgohar at librevideo.org
Mon May 19 18:41:43 PDT 2014

On 05/19/2014 12:55 PM, Jack Moffitt wrote:
> Every few months we get the whole Daala team together for a week of in
> person hacking and brainstorming. Every few of these we focus on
> topics that the community can help with and mentor willing
> contributors.
>
> Our next Daala Code Party will be August 17th to August 22nd at
> Mozilla's San Francisco office. We're looking for all kinds of
> developers to help, and we will have projects to pick from for a
> variety of experience levels. We'd like you to come and help us make
> the best video codec ever.
>
> Mentoring, food, and fun will be provided. We'll even throw in a Daala
> tshirt. Remote participants are welcome too.
>
> If you'd like to attend, please RSVP by including your name and
> whether you will be in person or remote in the code party etherpad:
> https://daala.etherpad.mozilla.org/coding-party-201408
>
> We hope to see you there!
>
> jack & the Daala team

This is great, and I'm really excited to hear about it.  I'll likely not
be able to attend in person, but I'd like to mention that it'd be a good
idea for one of the in-person attendees to be devoted to recording the
event in both video and, preferably, high-fidelity audio (e.g.,
Zoom-type device).

I'm willing to volunteer to edit/convert the masters if they can be made
available for download.  And whatever help I can be remotely, I'm happy
to do based on available time.

--
Libre Video
http://librevideo.org