[daala] visual corruption around each block

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Mon Jan 13 05:39:36 PST 2014

Hi,

I am looking at supporting daala in xpra as an alternative to the
popular codecs we already support (x264/nvenc, vp8 and vp9).
I got the encoding side working, I believe, but the results aren't pretty:
http://xpra.org/trac/ticket/454#comment:1
The luma looks ok, but chroma is having problems in the corner of each
of the 16x16 blocks it seems to have used.

Any clues? What am I doing wrong?
I would be most grateful if someone could also tell me why my Cython
decoder code fails, seeing that the ogg/daala calls made are identical
to the daala example player...

Thanks
Antoine