[Flac-announce] Re: [Flac-dev] FLAC 0.6 released

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 31 11:47:42 PST 2001

Aaaah!   you've jogged my memory, let me explain.

in the fury of improvements from 0.5->0.6 I fixed
a bug that might cause a bad stream in bizarre
cases (like just the right kind of noise at full
scale) with -m turned on.  -V would have caught it
if it ever happened.

at the time I didn't realize that this slightly
altered the format for mid-side stereo frames,
but your mail smacked me in the face about that.

now that I'm awake... yes you are right, you can
still decode with 0.5 and re-encode with 0.6.

sorry about that one...

Josh

p.s. about the -8 thing, yes, right now -8 is a
little out of whack.  I'll take a look.