[Xiph-Advocacy] dir.xiph.org

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue Mar 3 13:47:43 PST 2009

>> On 2/20/09, Michael Smith <msmith at xiph.org> wrote:
>> > Agreed. Who runs dir.xiph.org currently? We should require that it be
>> > changed to list only free formats within, say, 2 weeks, or point
>> > dir.xiph.org somewhere else.
>>
>> Agreed, as well.  I have no idea who runs it, though.

I disagree, but not for the reasons you think.  Turning off the
non-free listings on dir.xiph.org could easily be seen as a wallowing
in denial-- we're not winning, so let's spin it.  Or worse, we're not
winning-- so were taking our toys and going home.

I'd prefer we build some better apps and just win the war :-)

Monty