[Xiph-Advocacy] lossless editor that can fade-in fade-out

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 11:07:34 PDT 2009

Hello,

On 7/3/09, Jose Ramirez <jose at multimedia4everyone.com> wrote:
> To help proliferate xiph media on the Web.
> I feel we need a tool that could cut vorbis and theora files
> without re-encoding and apply a fade-in or fade-out.

There are various tools to cut Ogg files.  One of much use for the web
is oggz-chop, which has an Apache[1] module so it may be used directly
on a web site.

While this is still uncharted territory for most people, you and
anyone else willing to pioneer Ogg on the web are welcome to create
web sites that cut and chain Ogg files and do other tricks.  The only
thing stopping you is yourselves.

You got the equipment and the user manual.  Now off you go, climb that
mountain.  It won't be easy, but it will be fun.

-Ivo

[1] the web server software