[Xiph-Advocacy] lossless editor that can fade-in fade-out

Jose Ramirez jose at multimedia4everyone.com
Fri Jul 3 12:10:19 PDT 2009

Hi,

To help proliferate xiph media on the Web.
I feel we need a tool that could cut vorbis and theora files
without re-encoding and apply a fade-in or fade-out.

There is a program for mp3 files that does this.
mp3DirectCut
http://mpesch3.de1.cc/mp3dc.html

This tool makes any mp3 audio reusable.

This type of editor can help web content creators express their ideas
with small pieces of audio and video along with the text and images.

The clips can have the same original quality and they won't start
abruptly, they would fade in and fade out when they were done.

This is how xiph media can become just part of the web,
just part of life :)

bye,
Jose