[Xiph-Advocacy] Theora and others complains...

JorSol mailing at jorsol.com
Tue Mar 11 22:00:45 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Sebastian Pipping <webmaster at binera.de>
wrote:

> JorSol wrote:
> > maybe not pay a year of salary... but two or tree months?
>
> Maybe my simple math has a mistake in it but if multiply
>
>     3 <people>
>   * 40 <hours per weak>
>   * 4,5 <weeks per month>
>   * 3 <months>
>   * X <salary per person per hour>
>
> I get out 1620 X. X = 15 Euro could be a cheap student.
> Since this is audio and video coding I imagine
> something around 100 Euros per hour to be realistic.
> (Please correct me anybody if you know real numbers.)
> So with X = 100 Euro we would end up with
>
>   162,000 Euros .
>
> I think that's quite a lot of money :-)
>

> Sebastian

Ok... thats a lot of money... I'm not from Europe, or even USA so I can't
really tell how much is needed, I don't know how much gain a developer for
this kind of project... or if that is the exact math to do the calc.... but
again... reduce it to 2 people (or one) and 2 months = 45,000 a more
reachable approach... that hypothetically spiking that cost 100 euros per
hour...

I'm not saying that this would solve the problems... but it should help a
little, and again there is not much to lose doing this. But is just a simple
suggestion, there should be better way to proceed.

--
Jorge Solórzano
http://www.jorsol.com