[Xiph-Advocacy] Theora and others complains...

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Tue Mar 11 01:52:48 PDT 2008

On 11/03/2008, JorSol <mailing at jorsol.com> wrote:
> I don't see too much commits to the [Thusnelda] svn and it just appear like
> this is an experiment for testing purpose (well actually it is), and just
> that... I don't see real hard work for "the push for 1.0", its suppose that
> all the great work will go to the trunk.

That's not a fair comment, nor are you in a fair position to comment.

For what it's worth, Monty has been working consistently on Thusnelda
for a long time, as recorded publicly at:

https://trac.xiph.org/log/branches/theora-thusnelda

> This is no a just do it complain...  how can we help to make that happen?
> maybe if you do something like a fundraising for the cause would help?

If you would like to do some bugfixing, we have a public bugtracker
which you are welcome to attack. If you would like to do a larger
project, and you are a student, please propose a project for Summer of
Code (applications open March 24). If you would like to initiate a
fundraising campaign, please send your ideas to this list. If you
would like to donate money, please say so.

In the absence of constructive comment, your message is a complaint.

> What is the stop factor that there is no persevering work?

Similarly, see https://trac.xiph.org/timeline

cheers,

Conrad.