[Xiph-Advocacy] SMIL 3.0 Rec with Xiph media :)

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 12:27:32 PST 2008

On 12/2/08, Jose Ramirez <jose at multimedia4everyone.com> wrote:
> SMIL 3.0 passed recommendation status yesterday and Xiph media made the
> list of 'should be supported":

Good news.  I don't think a certain browser will try to support SMIL,
but still, good news.

Well, I did hear a rumor that the makers of that certain browser were
considering using a free software engine like WebKit.  If that were to
happen all of the browser market would have <video>/<audio> support +
possibly SMIL, which would hopefully imply Ogg support.

> Ogg Vorbis audio (application/ogg) [VORBIS]
> Ogg Theora video (application/ogg) [THEORA]

They got the MIME types wrong, though.  Ah well.

-Ivo