[Xiph-Advocacy] Need of captioning for HTML5 video

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 12:13:31 PDT 2007

On 9/19/07, Maik Merten <maikmerten at gmx.net> wrote:
> What is the status of Ogg Writ?

Vapourware.

> Can Annodex do this?

Probably, but it's a completely different beast.

> How does Ogg Skeleton enter the game?

It doesn't.  Skeleton is for metadata and building a "skeleton" of
everything that's multiplexed inside an Ogg container.

It's possible to add an already existing subtitle codec like ASS or
similar to Ogg easily, as long as the author desires it, and the
application supports it.

If we need to choose an existing subtitles codec to become the default
one in Ogg, I may go ahead and do an audit of all of them and put it
up for discussion on the wiki, or something.

-Ivo