[Advocacy] persuading mobile phone manufacturers to implement Vorbis support

Brett McDowell brett at brettmcdowell.com
Tue May 29 10:51:27 PDT 2007

I wanted to point out this new (emerging) mobile platform as one we
would want to ensure adopts Xiph codecs right from the beginning.  I
am not directly involved, but what I've been told about this
initiative leads me to believe it will be a dominant player before
long in the mobile landscape.  This may be an opportunity to have
Xiph codecs adopted as "first class citizens" for playback on mobile
devices... perhaps even "preferred citizens" over the typical formats.

http://www.limofoundation.org/sf/sfmain/do/home

I might be able to arrange for an advocacy opportunity with the
founders of this initiative, but I certainly couldn't give the pitch
(I'm a fan of Xiph but I'm not directly involved these days nor am I
familiar enough with the technology to make a compelling argument).

Ralph/Monty, et. al.: would this be of interest?  Could someone "with
a clue" be identified to work with me on this advocacy opportunity
and eventually lead it?