[Advocacy] SOM and You

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Tue Jun 26 16:04:39 PDT 2007

On 27/06/07, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves <justivo at gmail.com> wrote:
> * the RTP encapsulation for Vorbis and Speex is available as an RFC.
> So is the Ogg container.  Most of our specifications are under the
> Public Domain, anyway.

Not Public Domain, but there are no restrictions on implementation.
For example the Vorbis spec states:

  Xiph.org's Vorbis software CODEC implementation is distributed
  under a | BSD-like license. This does not restrict third parties
  from distributing independent implementations of Vorbis software
  under other licenses.

  Ogg, Vorbis, Xiph.org Foundation and their logos are
  trademarks (tm) of the Xiph.org Foundation. These pages are
  copyright (C) 1994-2004 Xiph.org Foundation. All rights reserved.

  -- http://www.xiph.org/vorbis/doc/Vorbis_I_spec.html

cheers,

Conrad.