[Advocacy] SOM and You

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 15:50:53 PDT 2007

On 6/26/07, Brett McDowell <brett at brettmcdowell.com> wrote:
> What blog post are you referring to?

//spreadopenmedia.com

The first draft of why people should use Open Media written at the end
of April.  The whole web site didn't get any update til now, which is
mostly my fault.

> What mailing list should we be on... this one, or something specific
> to SOM?

This mailing list.  It's the official one for SOM, right now.

Regarding your other questions:
* We have nothing to do with Open Media Commons; I wasn't even aware
of such organization.
* the RTP encapsulation for Vorbis and Speex is available as an RFC.
So is the Ogg container.  Most of our specifications are under the
Public Domain, anyway.

-Ivo