[Advocacy] Vorbis and Theora Required MIME Types for SMIL 3.0 WD

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 08:42:40 PDT 2007

On 7/20/07, Jose Ramirez <joseram at empirenet.com> wrote:
> I'll pass that message along.

Gracias, amigo.

Pay attention though that I made the error of pointing out the Vorbis
MIME as audio/ogg+vorbis, when it's just audio/ogg. The error has been
fixed on our RFC draft, as well.

> If id in the style element is really bothering you, post a message in
> the appropriate Working Group mailing list.

Me and the guy in charge of the HTML validator already did that like
one year ago.  No answer.  Don't worry: XHTML is dying, anyway.

> It's a constant battle to keep the Web Free.

Indeed it is, and Apple just joined those opposing a Free Web by
stating their position on the WHATWG list as of "never will support
the likes of Vorbis and Theora".

> Use free Media:

Theora
Dirac