[Advocacy] iAudio X5 says it supports "Ogg" not "Vorbis"

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Mon Nov 14 02:28:36 PST 2005

Hi Monty,

> 'Unpaid' and 'amateurish' mean different things.

To be called an amateur is an insult then? Consider what happened with
the professionalisation of athletics, the four-minute mile, the
Olympics. Nevertheless I have been working in design and publishing
for the best part of a decade, so I do have some relevant experience.

> branding [that and and the comment
> spec] seems to be a subject where every other comer capable of
> picking up a crayon thinks that their idea is the only one worth
> considering.

I don't personally care whether you use my ideas or not. What myself
and several other people on this list have pointed out is that Vorbis
was missing out on recognition because it didn't have a logo that was
usable on a hardware product. There has been no progress on this over
several years, and we were only trying to help put that right.

Cheers!

Daniel