[Advocacy] Some Variations On A Vorbis Logo

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Fri Mar 18 01:15:47 PST 2005

Hi Monty,

> We've cmmissioned and accepted new takes on the various logos
> already;

I'm glad to hear that some progress is being made, but I'm a little
surprised that no-one from Xiph mentioned it on this list until now -
particularly since this issue has come up again and again. I think
Xiph needs to improve communications with the wider community.

> In terms of constructive criticism, my general feeling is that
> nearly all of the logos that were in that batch were highly
> derivative of the 'Compact Disc - Digital Audio' trademark used on
> redbook CDs.

That's true, but they were only a starting point. It's difficult to
produce a truly original logo.

I hope that when the new logos are published, Xiph will accept some
constructive criticism on their suitability for hardware branding. If
you need help adapting them for one-colour use, just ask.

Cheers

Daniel