[Advocacy] Some Variations On A Vorbis Logo

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Thu Mar 17 03:18:59 PST 2005

On Thursday 17 March 2005 08:40, Miguel A. Arévalo wrote:
> Hi, #1 is mine ;-)

That's quite true. However, we need the Xiph.org developers to
recognise that the existing logos are just not suitable for branding
purposes before we can make any progress here. A logo has to be
simple and work in one colour - think Dolby. Think about the
difference between the original Apple logo, which was way too
expensive to print, and the one they use now.

I personally don't see the problem with retaining the existing logos
as project mascots, but supplying a different 'official branding
mark' for hardware and so on.

Regarding the earlier request (from Jack I think) for a designer who
could work with Xiph.org to produce an acceptable result, I'll
restate that I volunteered to do that - but no-one from Xiph.org took
me up on the offer (yet).

Cheers

Daniel