[advocacy] Ogg & Ogg Vorbis _unofficial_ logos page.

Daniel James daniel
Tue Oct 21 02:54:31 PDT 2003

Hello all,

Here is my initial idea, reworked in vector format for the various
codecs and Icecast. I've taken the liberty of renaming Icecast to
OggCast, so people might actually know what it does in future!

I hereby assign copyright in this design to the Xiph.Org Foundation.
(It will need to establish copyright in any adopted logo or set of
logos, and should probably register a trademark too).

I would really appreciate it if Jack could put these files and any
others that are submitted to the monthly Xiph.org meeting, with a
view to adoption, further development or some sort of contest.
Miguel, please could you put these files on your page too?

If anyone wants to pitch in with more ideas, let's discuss the matter
on this list. I was initially thinking SVG format would be good, but
having tried it I'm not sure how it can embed fonts, being an XML
based format. This is important, because you need the final document
to be self contained, and consistent across different machines and
platforms.

I've tested this PDF version on a Windows machine without the fonts
installed and it scales and looks fine. I've also provided an Open
Office Draw version in case anyone wants to try editing them or
another style completely - there are only three elements in each
logo, and they are grouped.

I have looked up the origin of the fonts used, and they are both more
or less freeware True Type fonts. They are free-beer redistributable
and derivative works (ie, the logos) are not prohibited from
commercial use, which is all important of course.

Font:
Independence

Source:
http://www.mandrakeclub.com/mirror/Mandrake/9.1/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/fonts-ttf-decoratives-1.3-11mdk.noarch.rpm

Author:
J. Fordyce j4dice at li.net

Licence summary:
May be freely distributed provided it is not altered, no fee is
charged for it, and a licence text file is included with it.

Font:
Blue Highway

Source:
http://www.mandrakeclub.com/mirror/Mandrake/9.1/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/fonts-ttf-west_european-1.3-11mdk.noarch.rpm

Author:
Ray Larabie drowsy at cheerful.com

Licence summary:
Freeware, but donations or samples of commercial products appreciated.

Cheers!

Daniel