[advocacy] Ogg radio?

Erik Moeller moeller at scireview.de
Mon Jun 30 02:54:28 PDT 2003

Am Mon, 2003-06-30 um 11.30 schrieb Daniel James:

> If we get a list of copyleft music tracks, recorded with vocal intros
> if required, we could have an icecast server play them at random. Add
> some inane DJ banter, station idents, some adverts for Vorbis etc,
> and no-one would know that it wasn't a real radio station! Once the
> playlist grew to a decent size, as long as new material was added on
> a regular basis it could sound really good.

I agree. It would also be cool to have a community run Ogg chanel on the
konspire2b network:

http://konspire.sourceforge.net/

Basically, everyone can run a channel on konspire and broadcast files,
which are distributed in a manner similar to bittorrent. Channels can
have shared access (channels are protected through private keys, but
these could be collectively owned), so a group could run a channel that
picks and broadcasts Ogg files.

Also, am I blind or is there really no Ogg Vorbis wiki yet?

Regards,

Erik

--
Scientific Reviewer, Freelancer, Humanist -- Berlin / Germany
Phone: +49 (0)30 45491008 -- Web: http://www.humanist.de/erik

"Morality is of the highest importance-but for us, not for God."
	- Albert Einstein