[advocacy] Re: DRM for Vorbis

Daniel James daniel
Mon Sep 30 07:49:48 PDT 2002

> You might want to read here to get some input of how it could be done :
> http://www.corecodec.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&
>t =35

This discussion implies (another) proprietary system, which would hardly be
in the spirit of Ogg.

> For MCF we abandoned DRM for the time being because of the complexity of
> the subject.

Not to mention the limited appetite of music lovers for such a system. At the
end of the day, if a DRM system isn't accepted by the public it will fail. I
guess that's why the trend is now towards coercion through hardware, eg
Palladium.

Cheers

Daniel