[advocacy] Xiph/Vorbis logo contest?

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Sat Sep 14 11:31:46 PDT 2002

On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 07:19:53AM +0200, Erik Moeller wrote:
> I hate to say it, but the current Xiph logo
> http://images.cafepress.com/zoom/1221790_zoom.jpg
>
> is pretty ugly (too few polygons, colors, the fish itself looks boring,
> the background is too simplistic etc.) -- no offense to the original
> artist, it's still better than anything I could draw. The version at
> vorbis.com is much nicer, but it doesn't seem to be used anywhere else.

The fish stays.  The fish may be gussied up slightly, but the fish
stays.  I drew all the logos myself, the xfig files sit on my hard
drive (and a few others').

(I'll also note, Erik, that your prononcement goes against the
majority of the feedback we get about the fish.  The 'Ogg Vorbis' name
flames are about 50/50, but yours is the first complaint in recent
memory about the fish).

Monty