[advocacy] DRM in OGG - A Proposal

Vance Roussin vance.the.stampede
Fri Nov 8 03:52:54 PST 2002

>While US law does not yet apply in every country, I think this particular
law
>may have been superceded by newer US laws that specifically deny the right
>circumvent copy protection.

Don't put any stock in the DMCA, it is a violation of the first amendment.
As soon as some judge sees that it will have its days numbered.

BTW, I'm sure all corporations are free to exclude Americans from their
potential consumer base. ;)

>perhaps even excluding the new wave of non-standard audio CD's.

In other news, following a move by record label BMG, General Motors will
start the manufactring of skateboards, bikes, and inline skates in order to
make up revenue to be lost through the discontining of their "auto-mobile"
product lines. When reached for comment a GM spokesperson was quoted as
saying "just what where we smoking?"

-vance