Mail etiquette and iTunes: Was: [advocacy] Audacity

Daniel James daniel
Fri Feb 15 01:48:25 PST 2002

> I believe there is more than one set of cooledit filters out there
> for Ogg, although I'm not sure if cooledit ever got native support.
>  I suspect it won't be long if it isn't there already.

They've just released Cool Edit Pro 2.0 - the site doesn't mention
Ogg support, but it does say on its (US $29) mp3 plug-in page:

http://www.syntrillium.com/cep/mp3me.html

"Import and export MP3 files right in Cool Edit Pro using a
high-quality process based on the Fraunhofer's MP3 codec"

I guess once you've paid the royalty, you have to make it a feature?

I hope there will be a Cool Edit/Ogg plug-in for 2.0, but I think
it's fair to say that due to the proprietary nature of the
application, most users will stil be running version 1.1 or 1.2,
which is five year old technology.

Daniel